Welcome to BlindGamers.com
The focus of this site is to provide a list of games accessible to blind players, sorted by average community rating so that you can quickly find the best games. Players can rate games and write reviews so that others can learn more about a game they may be interested in playing. You can even mark reviews as helpful or not, so that the most helpful reviews will show up first. The site focuses on allowing the community to update much of its content so that it never becomes stale. You can also find games written by Ian Reed or the JGT addon for NVDA that allows you to play Japanese games in English in a very smooth and seamless manner. If you're looking for a place to chat or ask questions about games, try the AudioGames.net forum. If you're having trouble finding an old abandoned game try the Audio Games Archive. If you're missing the late Jim Kitchen's website, check out the backup Aprone kindly preserved and maintains.
The game list can be viewed with different filters. Here are the different views:
I'd like to promote a few of my favorite games:
- The Blind swordsman, an arcade style game with high quality sounds and voice acting.
- Swamp, a zombie themed first person shooter with a free single player mode and a low cost online mode.
- Castaways, a real time strategy that focuses on managing a small colony.
- Bokurano Daibouken 3, A high quality 2D platformer, requires extra software to translate text to English.
- ShadowRine, a high quality Zelda like RPG, requires extra software to translate text to English.
- AlterAeon, a long lived and actively maintained MUD, use MushZ for a more immersive experience with sounds and music.
Thanks to the developers who made those games. We need more quality games like these.
Interested in contributing financially to help keep my work going and my services running?
Contributions are very appreciated, and will help pay for the server that runs this website and the JGT service. Contributions will also be used to expand the JGT service to support more target languages than just English. The button below is setup for recurring monthly contributions. Because the costs of the services are ongoing, I can better gauge how much I can reliably expand services if the contributions are also ongoing.